Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Final Reflection

  This year in AP Lang has been the most productive year in a literature class I've ever been in.  I've progressed in many ways, from annotating a difficult passage to learning new rhetorical devices to make my writing much more enjoyable to read.  How do I know this?  The literature class is difficult on it's own, and struggling the first semester to have that light bulb turn on wasn't fun, but eventually when that light bulb did turn on, I saw the improvement in my grades.  Th activities we did in class that were the most helpful to my improvement as a writer has to be the timed writings we did every other week in class- they helped me practice writing essays with my own personal touch to each one, not having to follow a set of rules to write them, and it was a lot of fun in the end.  I didn't quite get the fourth question, but I'm assuming it asks what I will take from the class to add to my writing career, and that's all of the character and rhetorical devices I got to us in my writings.  Not having a set of rules to follow to write an essay really gave me another way to look at how I can progress as a writer and show my writing style more freely.
  The answer to this question- what assignments or activities were the most meaningful- is kind of the same answer as which assignments helped me develop as a writer- the timed writings.  They really gave me a new way to look at how I can improve my writing skills.  Also, the extra help I did with you, Mrs. Zavitz, really was just as helpful and enjoyable!  Well, since you wont be here next year, Mrs. Zavitz, I'm hesitant to help you out!  But I will anyways:  improving the class is close to impossible, because it really was a great class to have been in, but the one thing I can say would have made it better was more notice on when the timed writing were going to be!  All in all, Mrs. Zavitz, AP Lang was an amazing class this year, and even though I struggled to get through it, it was a great learning experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment